although i live in canada, with 4 seasons, summer is our shortest season of all. i know many designers tell you to mix things up a bit with the changing of seasons. swapping out accessories, warming things up in winter, cooling things off in spring.....it all makes sense. and i do, do that. however, regardless of the season or the weather, i feel my home looks best with a summery feel. i'd love to live some place warm all year round, so why not at least have the interior feel the way i want? right?!
i was browing pics on coastal living and came across some amazing tips for anyone wanting a little more "summer" in their home!
1) add pattern
2) hang bright, patterned drapes
3) move furniture around to freshen a look
4) add some unexpected "key west" color punches to outdoor furniture
5) show off beach finds
6) paint your front door a punchy color
7) disguise flawed/ugly furniture with slipcovers
8) spray paint old, rusty dark outdoor furniture
9) install a ceiling fan and paint walls white
10) add awnings, shutters or paint your deck an unexpected color
11) get crafty!
13) pick your fave color as an "accent color" and repeat it throughout
*as well, think light and bright colors! use natural textures, such as rattan, wicker, jute, linen and cotton*
i think it's all so refreshing, why not live like this all year round??!!