i stumbled across this recipe on the front page of msn a month or so back. it's from
i thought it sounded delicious and very fall/winter like, so i tried it out. i have to say it didn't disappoint. i love when a recipe is actually as good as it sounds and as the picture looks!
felt, i better share!
CHEWY MOLASSES-SPICE COOKIE RECIPE
- preheat oven to 350'
- in a med bowl, whisk together 2 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp bkg soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/2 tsp salt
- with an electric mixer, beat 3/4 cup butter and 1 cup sugar until combined
- beat in 1 egg and then 1/4 cup molasses
- reduce speed to low, gradually mix in dry ingredients, just until a dough forms
- roll dough into balls, approx 1 tablespoon. roll balls in shallow dish containing approx 1/4 cup sugar. coat evenly
- arrange balls on baking sheets. bake one sheet at a time. bake 10 - 12 mins.
you can bake two sheets at a time but they will not 'crack' uniformly
sooooo good, crispy on the edges and soft and chewy on the inside.....do NOT overbake