Sunday, March 23, 2014

Where Have I Been???

A few years back, I followed tons of blogs.  This was when barely anyone knew what Pinterest was.  So in order to get amazing ideas, diy's, inspiration, recipes, etc.....one had to search the many talented and diverse blogs out there.  I was a fan.  Loved it.  So much in fact, I thought.....hmmmm, maybe I should make one!  But would anyone know I existed?  Would anyone actually care??  Would anyone read it?

Well, to my surprise YES, many did!  It was so much fun to share and create ideas.  It helped me stay motivated to get little projects done, as I was excited to share, and get feedback.  It's a truly beautiful little community.

I also had the goal of potentially having my house featured on a "HOUSE PROUD" segment on the Nate Berkus show, that aired at the time.  I thought maybe if I post enough, finish enough projects....etc, etc.....I could submit an application.  But to my massive surprise, within 2 mths of starting my blog.....the Nate Berkus show contacted me!  Say what?!  So flattering.  So, of course, I got to fly to New York, meet Nate, have my home featured, and do a cool diy segment on his show!  I was crazy, sick nervous, but it was such an amazing experience.

I came home and went back to blogging.  It was still really fun.  But, if I'm being honest....it became a bit of a chore.  I felt like I couldn't balance my work (photographer), my 3 kids, my husband, my projects, my blogging, fit in time for exercise and friends and just the normal stuff.  So, after about 9 or 10 mths, I just quite cold turkey.  Thought I'd take a few months off.  Thought I'd get back to it.  Didn't want to delete it or decide for sure it was done.....didn't want to make it final.  But, eventually I just decided blogging wasn't for me.  Realized I had accomplished my original goal, which was the Nate Berkus segment!  I wasn't blogging for money, so figured it didn't serve it's purpose anymore.

Over the last 2 years that I've been M.I.A, I've gotten tons of emails and had tons of comments from followers asking where I've been?  Will I return?  Tons of people still asking me decorating advice, asking about specific paint colors, asking if I still like my white hardwood floor, etc, etc!

It's been really surprising and flattering that so many people followed my little blog along the way and actually missed me!!

So, while I'm still not ready to blog again and not sure that I ever will be....I just wanted to address this in a post to answer the questions in one dose!

No, I will not be answering decorating questions or responding to comments.  I don't often read them, so I wouldn't be responding in a timely fashion.  It's just easier to say I won't, then to disappoint and annoy people!

What have I been doing?  Work, family, friends, life....  The same as the rest of you!  My photography business is still doing great and keeps me working full time for about 60% of the year and part time for another chunk and then I typically get a couple months of winter off, which is awesome!

Have I been working on my house still?  Yes of course.  Just because I don't document it, doesn't mean I'm a different person!  Still diy's, projects, repainting, refinishing....changed out my hardwood, created a pallet wall....etc, etc....  I would love to share it with you all one day, and maybe I will!  Just not sure at the moment, so don't want to commit.

Recently, since I get my winter's off of work....I did start fooling around with a small business idea.  That of creating baby moccasins.  I see them popping up everywhere and they're simply adorable.  So, once again, my diy brain got to thinkin'.....I could do that!  So just this past Friday, as in 2 day's ago, I decided to launch a little online shop!

TIGER LILY MOCASINS

Check out my site if you have little ones!!  At the moment I'm only shipping within Canada, but plan on adding International shipping very soon!

Here's an example of my moccs!


























Follow me on my Facebook page here:  https://www.facebook.com/tigerlilymoccasins

Or on my Instagram account, where you'll learn about giveaways, new colors/styles, and announcents!
http://instagram.com/tigerlilymoccasins


So for now, that's all I wanted to ramble on about!  Thanks for reading, for all the support over the years and for wanting me back!

Until next time......


4 comments:

  1. I'm not going to lie - I've been known to pop by here every couple of months to see if you've posted anything! I don't remember adding you to my reader (I didn't have one when you blogged) but I must've, and was quite excited to see your post appear in my feed! Your story sounds so very similar to mine. After seeing bloggers featured on Nate Berkus, it too became a goal of mine to make it on (which wasn't going to ever happen... because his show got cancelled). My blogging "break" was a feature on iHeart Organizing on my dollar store pantry which drove a ton of traffic to my blog. I thought it was the perfect opportunity to really start really blogging and take it to the next level... and then it just became a chore. I was doing projects for the sake of the blog, not because I wanted to do them. I was spending all my time off work working on posts and editing pictures, etc, and it just wasn't fun anymore. I give major props to daily bloggers (eps. ones with jobs and kids). I don't know how they do it! Now I blog when I want to, even if that's once a month, and I love it so much more! Anyways, glad to hear how well you are doing and congrats on the new venture! I will definitely keep them in mind for when I need to buy baby gifts - love supporting fellow Canadians! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 與老瘋妓SIU苑攸一同誹謗曹領隊
    同行山人士的誹謗罪人瘋子騙子
    嫖子李廣來終於得到自取報應
    及咒詛,失去工作而失業了!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive missed you so much, but COMPLETELY understand your view on blogging and the position you've taken. I actually posted about this exact same thing a few months ago :) We just had our first baby in August, and thats become our #1 :) Blogging is great, but not worth it if it takes away from time with family and those important to you :) Very proud of you for doing what feels right! I LOVE the new business- just started following you on FB and will keep checking in from time to time (NO pressure ;)
    Still one of your #1 fans! :) Melissa @ Living Beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little ones are all grown up now but if they were still little those little booties would be on their toes right now.

    ReplyDelete

i luv comments! make sure your profile has an email address if you want me to answer any questions! and, please keep things postive! any concerns may be brought to my attention through email! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...