Sunday, January 24, 2016

COOKIE TIN DIY

Ok seriously how cute is this cookie tin?!  I just love it! The best part is it cost me minutes and pennies to create!


Who hasn't had one of these kinds of tins around?  Especially around the holidays, cookies are always sold in these kinds of tins.  Obviously they're practical, simply by pulling the stickers off them!  But, of course, I knew I could make them even a little cuter with a coat of spray paint!






So pick your spray paint color of choice.  I love a matte or satin finish as it looks less cheap IMO!  I found this pretty pink at Michael's.  As well as these little wooden letters.  You get a bag with a ton of letters for appox $3 or $4.

--Spray the tin.  I chose to keep the lid on because I knew this tin would be used frequently and I didn't want to worry about the paint chipping off and looking ugly.  When the lid is removed there is a black rim - which I'm fine with!  It adds a 50's vibe to it for sure!

--Spray the letters your color of choice.

--Glue them on your tin using white glue.

--Once set, spray the whole thing with a clear matte coat of spray paint for a little protection.
(Optional, but I recommend it)


These cheap little wood letters vary ever so slightly in size, so you have to be ok with the imperfection.  Obviously I just eye-balled what looked good here.  You could take your time, measure/map out the perfect placement if the imperfections will bug ya!



Before placing cookies in, I let it sit out for a couple of days with the lid off to let any spray paint "smell" disappear.  The inside isn't sprayed, but a little of that strong smell gets in there.  A day makes it magically disappear!

How cute right?!  I had the spray paint and letters in my craft box, so this literally cost me nothing to make!  I just love it.  Cute sitting out.  Cute as a little housewarming or hostess gift.  




I'm kinda addicted to this idea of spraying and lettering stuff!  A couple of weeks ago I did a RECIPE BOX, so if you missed that, here's a shot below and the link to that post!


Hope to have inspired you :)
Have a great week!